Hey, remember that time when I said I was probably going to fail this? Oops! Wedding planning, work, bachelorette weekend, two showers, and life got the best of me, but, I’m back! For now.
Five things that bring you joy.
Confession: I had plenty of time to do this post when it was the day to write it, and the next, and the next, but I avoided it because I just didn’t want to. I wasn’t feeling joyous and didn’t want to write about joy so I avoided it. And then life got busy. Good news! I’m no longer feeling that way. Joy has returned! The culprit: busyness convincing me I didn’t have time for Jesus. Gets me every time. Joy is restored and now I’ll tell you things that bring me joy!
- Time with Jesus. The list could end here really. Joy comes from above! The other things I will list do give me joy, but even they don’t bring me joy if I’m not connected to the true source of joy. NECESSARY! I’m desperately dependent on Jesus for helping me see joy in all of life.
- William. I mean it’s cheesy but true. He makes me laugh more than anyone else. He reminds me that I need Jesus. He loves me so well and by doing so reminds me that my Heavenly Father loves me. Doing life with him brings me joy. Hanging out with him in our house brings me joy. Doing things for him like cooking and packing his lunch and praying for him brings me joy. The fact that I get to marry him in 22 days and spend forever with him brings me JOY!
- FALL! You know this. But for real. All of it. Decorations even if it’s hot. Seeing pumpkins in the store. All the scents. The glimpses of fall on the horizon via early morning temperatures, the coolness of the shade (way cooler than summer shade), and the less humidity. All the pumpkin-y goodness. Falling leaves. The clothes. The shoes. The scarves. Scarecrows. Thanksgiving. And that it all just perfectly leads to CHRISTMAS! Constant and instant joy galore.
- Cooking/baking and anything related to it. I love the kitchen. I love kitchen supplies (had a Pampered Chef shower this weekend and officially obsessed with all things Pampered Chef now too). Cooking for people. Baking for people. Recipies. I LOVE IT ALL!
- Knowing people and being known by them. I LOVE truly knowing people. Knowing that they don’t like onions or olives or peppermint flavored things. Knowing their favorite color. Knowing about their family and best friends. Knowing their favorite foods. Knowing how they like their coffee (or that they don’t like it at all). Knowing them enough to pick out a perfectly personal gift. Knowing what makes them happy, what brings them joy. Knowing the scars on their heart. I just love really knowing people.