This post is all about some of my go-to dips and sauces. In the words of my dear friend Stacy, “if there’s dip, it’s a party!”
Pumpkin Pie Dip
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (Splenda would work too)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
- 6 oz fat free Greek yogurt (I used Kroger brand)
- 8 oz cool whip free (or Kroger brand fat free whipped topping)
- cut up apples to dip
Mix pumpkin with brown sugar, vanilla and spices, blend well. Mix in yogurt. Fold in cool whip and chill in refrigerator until ready to eat. Makes about 6 cups. 3 points for 1/2 cup serving.
- 8 oz fat free greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and seeded (1 cup grated and drained)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
Strain yogurt using a metal strainer or a coffee filter for a few hours to remove as much liquid as possible. Set aside. Scoop seeds out of peeled cucumber with a spoon. Place cucumber in a mini food processor or grate with a box cheese grater. Drain the liquid from the cucumber in ametal strainer and sprinkle with a little salt (this helps release the liquid). You may want to use the back of a spoon to help squeeze out any excess liquid. Combine strained cucumber, garlic, yogurt, salt, pepper, lemon juice, dill, chives and refrigerate for a few hours before serving. Makes about 2 cups. Store in refrigerator for about a week. ¼ cup is is 0 points! ½ cup is 1.
Bleu Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 6 oz fat free yogurt
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise (I used olive oil mayo)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Smash the blue cheese and yogurt together with a fork. Stir in mayo, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic powder until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Makes 1 cup. 2 tablespoons is 1 point! It’s also really yummy with a baked buffalo chicken recipe I altered.
Baked Buffalo Chicken
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoom vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of parkay spray butter
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (it called for celery seed but I didn’t have it)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup above blue cheese dressing
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken and cook 4 minutes each side until browned. Place chicken in an 9X13 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine hot sauce and next 4 ingredients. Pour over chicken and bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Serve with bleu cheese dressing.
Okay so, bake buffalo chicken isn’t a dip, but it has a killer homemade buffalo sauce AND is best served with homemade bleu cheese dressing.
And then there is the ever faithful staple in my fridge – dry ranch + 16 oz of fat free sour cream = 1 pt per 1/4 cup! Never choke down boring raw veggies. If there’s dip, it’s a party!